The Super Bowl is the name by which the final of the National Football League (NFL) championship is known, in this game the champion teams of the National Conference and the American Conference face each other.
It was created as a symbol of American sport, since American football is the most popular sport in the United States. Originally, it was all about the sport and the players, but over time it became the most watched event in the entire United States, and today it captivates viewers around the globe.
What is the Super Bowl?
The Super Bowl is nothing more than an American football match where the two most winning teams of the year meet to determine which has been the best. Around this event, activities of all kinds are developed, the main attraction being the half-time show, where each year the artists with the most impact in the world are invited.
The inclusion of the halftime show, with the characteristics it currently has, was included for the first free porn time in the 1993 Super Bowl.
The NFL, faced with the progressive decline that attendance at the game was suffering, made the decision to invite Michael Jackson to cheer the halftime show, its success was immediate, gradually becoming a benchmark for American sports, xvideos and unprecedented recognition for the artists who are invited.
Curiosities of the first Super Bowl
The first Super Bowl was held in 1967, at that time it featured an average attendance for a football game. Neither the teams that played that final, nor those attending the game imagined that they were witnessing the birth of a cultural icon for North Americans. Some curious aspects during this first Super Bowl:
- It was not called the Super Bowl, names like “The Big One” and “The Game” were proposed, but finally its name was: “Game for the world championship between the AFL and the NFL”
- At that time there were the American League and the National League, their teams had never faced each other. They were associations that the players, spectators and fans contested.
- For this first Super Bowl not all tickets to the game were sold, maybe today it is hard to believe it but at that time it was just another American football game.
- It was held at the Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, California.
- Two television networks jointly broadcast the game, CBS and NBC, paid $ 1 million for the rights to each league. It was the only joint broadcast of a Super Bowl. Currently, broadcast rights are around $ 3 billion according to Forbes.
- At the beginning of the second half, the NBC network was still broadcasting commercials, the first play was canceled and had to be repeated so that its audience did not miss any detail of the game.
- As two leagues competed in all aspects, it was even necessary to use two brands of balls, since each league had an official ball. The participating brands were Wilson and Spalding.
- During this first half time the show was in charge of bands from the University of Arizona and Grambing College.
In its beginnings, with the Super Bowl, it was sought to compete with the audience of the Baseball World Series, however, the cultural impact it produced for Americans and the expansion it has achieved today with viewers around the world is already known.
This is one of the most anticipated events for American football fans, many mature videos families come together to appreciate it on television and in each new installment it manages to surpass the previous ones, surprising and innovating with brilliance and the participation of recognized world-famous celebrities. And you, do you enjoy these types of events?